Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reuse: Game Table

I made this game table from our old dining room table a few months ago. The dining table seated six without the leaf, and I modified it to be square and seat four, which is better for playing games. This involved cutting down the top pieces and the side aprons.


It was very similar to this table, except it had a green base.


It has one of those fold out leaves, and I decided to make that into a chess board. I added compartments on the sides of the leaf to hold the chess men, and painted a board.



Here it is folded out.


Even though this was an inexpensive table (cheap!) we used it for a number of years when our kids were young. It took some repairs, but it hung in there and stayed solid. It was nice to re-purpose it to be used for games, puzzles and homework.

No comments:

See my article library on eHow...