I made the crown molding with two pieces of trim. I think three would have been better, but I was limited by the depth of the soffit. I still like the way it turned out...
I decided to frame the screen in stained wood, rather than flat black. Most screens are done in black - but I have seen a few done in wood, and I liked it. I figure I can always paint it black later if I change my mind.
Here is the whole thing in it's current state...
Stuff I need to get done:
- Mill, stain and install the base moldings (I forgot to do these with the crown)
- Make the drawer fronts
- Lay the stone - I am going to have my DW and daughter lay up some of it
- Build a small matching table for the center speakers
- Crown molding around the ceiling
- New carpet - I think we are going to go with carpet tiles