Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Home Theater #30 - Laying Stone

I started laying the stone this afternoon. I got about 25% done with the wall after a couple of hours, as shown in the picture below.


This is a mixture of about 4 different types of cultured stone, which is the same as we did on the fireplace. I like the effect - it's a more custom look that you get with just one type.  The key is to make sure the larger round stones are spread out, and fill in with the horizontal ones. I put a large one in about every two square feet. 

Most of the work in laying up the cultured stone is in pointing, striking and brushing. This is where you get professional looking results. 

Tomorrow I am going to have my DW and daughter help out, and hopefully get most of the rest of it put in.

No comments:

See my article library on eHow...