Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Monday, October 06, 2008

Garden Shed #24 - Mounting the Sliding Door

Well, global markets may be in chaos, but at least I got the sliding door mounted on the shed... Seriously, with all the crazy things going on in the world, it is nice to just accomplish something simple. Here is a picture of the door in place:


The first coat of paint on it is all brown. The next coat will be the darker green color in the panel areas and the trim will remain as is. I wanted to mount it this way to see if we would like it - but its too much of the dark color. Either way, I am happy with the way it has turned out so far.

Mounting the door in the box-rail track was simple, it just required a second set of hands due to the size and weight of the door. Now I need to fabricate and attached the stop-blocks at each end and the latch hardware.

No comments:

See my article library on eHow...