One of my favorite tools for remodeling is a 4.5 inch angle grinder. Mine is from Harbor Freight Tools and cost $15 on sale. A package of 10 grinding wheels is $10 - so you can get set up for $25.
What do I use this for?
- Grinding off nails that I can't pull out
- Removing nailed-in electrical boxes and fixtures
- Grinding the nail-heads off when removing a window frame (I don't like banging hard around big sheets of glass!)
- Cutting pieces of metal
- Touching up or regrinding screwdrivers, nippers, etc.
- Under cutting door jambs or trim (it burns, but works)
- Re-edging shovels and hoes
- Minor cutting of cultured stone and brick to fit