Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Monday, November 19, 2007

Walk-in Closet #4 - Done


I finished the dresser cabinet and other details in my daughter's walk-in closet. As shown in the photo, we decided to go with a light maple top, which contrasts nicely with all the dark ebony wood.

At the bottom of the picture, you can see my DD's shoes. We decided to make the toe space under the cabinet 9 inches deep to allow for shoe storage. I could have made this deeper (all the way to 24 inches), but it would have become a black hole for junk. This depth seems about right to be useful, but not a pit.

I still need to set the door, then do the trim - but that should be pretty simple. I have 5 other doors to do as part of our basement remodel, and I am planning to do them all at one time. I have a very simple (almost fool-proof) method of setting pre-hung doors, which I will post when I install them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Love what you're doing with the ranch!

Have you considered listing it in the Home Name Registry?

The website is www.homenameregistry.com

Billy!

See my article library on eHow...