Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Back from Nicaragua

My daughter and I spent a couple of weeks on a mission trip with our church to Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua. We had the chance to help build some modest houses and finish a medical clinic. The highlight of the trip was getting to know the local people and spend a good deal of time at an orphanage run by the Verbo Church. It's basically impossible not to fall in love with the kids there.


The man shown in this picture is Pastor Earl. He is the leader of the church that gives so much to help the local people. The area is burdened with extreme poverty, but the people I met there where rich in love and compassion for each other and their community. They are involved in getting people homes, developing small businesses and providing clean water. We saw God working there daily, and I feel like I got much more out of the experience than I gave.

I encourage all who read this, regardless of your belief system, to take the time to get out and help others as you have the opportunity.



No comments:

See my article library on eHow...