Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Garden Shed #29 - Installing Window Glass

My DW completed painting the shed windows frames, so now it's up to me to put the glass panes in. The picture below shows all the needed materials.


As I stated in a previous post, the panes of glass come from dollar store 8.5 x 11 picture frames. These are mounted in place with neoprene-backed washers and #8 x 3/4" screws. 


Here is a detailed shot of the mounting hardware...


Tip: I start the screws with an awl pushed in about 1/8".


I used my grinder to make the awl out of a screwdriver with a broken tip. This thing not only comes in handy for starting screws, but also marking for cuts snd prying up staples.

No comments:

See my article library on eHow...