Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Friday, December 29, 2006

Master Bedroom Furniture

I built this four-poster bed and armoire about four years ago (shown in our old house). This was my first venture into "romantic" furniture as opposed to designs based on arts & crafts. My DW really likes french country style, and this seemed to be a good fit. She made the toile bed covers, which still look new.

I basically scaled a picture out of the Ballard catalog to get the design and dimensions. I built the end tables out of the left over wood with a simple matching design.

I designed this armoire myself. I wanted one that had full-length doors, giving it an older look. This one has a maple interior, with fixed shelves. It is purely for storage - no TV.

Click on the title link for the full set of photos

1 comment:

Poppy said...

WOW...great job!

See my article library on eHow...