Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Making a $10 Bench

I came up with a simple bench design that you can make from a 1x12 pine board that's 8' long - which costs $10 right now (in Oregon). You could also make this from a 2x12. Here is a picture of one that I distressed and stained...


It needs another coat of stain and then a couple applications of sealer.

Here is the simple "cut diagram":


- The top is on the left at 32"
- The legs in the center at 16"
- The apron and bottom stretcher are cut out of the right piece at 29 wide.

This design allows for a little bit of scrap, which I use to attach the top.

I made 4 of these today to go into our home theater:


Here they are with the first coat of stain.


These are obviously not fine furniture, but will be great for holding food, books, etc. They can also be used for sitting when we have a bunch of people over.

No comments:

See my article library on eHow...