Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Building a Window Seat #1

While I have been working on my son's room, I also got the widow seat area ready to go. I am working on building the seat cabinet as well...



Here is an in-progress picture of the seat cabinet. The main structure is made from pre-finished plywood. I put pine battens on the ends to create something I could screw the panels to. I also put scrap peices of 3/4" plywood across the bottom panel to reinforce it (this is good reason to keep those 2 foot cut-off scraps). Finally, you can see where I am adding the front pieces (rails, stiles, beadboard) using brads and poly glue.


Here is a quick picture of the 1/2" pre-finished plywood. I bought these 4x8 sheets for $25 each at Shurway building supply.

No comments:

See my article library on eHow...