Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Our Dog Hates Change...

We have four kids, a dog, a cat, a rabbit, and I am sure some other creatures the family is afraid to tell me about. Of all of them, our dog hates change. Here is a picture of him giving me the "don't texture and paint this room look".


As soon as we start moving the furniture, the dog starts hanging its head and moping around. Once we paint, or move a wall, or whatever, it takes him a day to get back to normal (loosely applied here). Go figure...

Now on to much more interesting things - wall texturing. Here is the texture we are applying to the theater room (and everywhere else in the house). It is a heavier orange peel look, which does a good job of covering imperfections.


I have found the best way to apply this is with the spraying mantis unit. I bought mine at Lowes for about $75 a few years ago.



I mix water into sheetrock mud until it has the texture of pancake batter, using a grout mixer. Then I use my air compressor (21 gallon) to apply it.


It goes on fairly well, but your arms will get tired / stronger lifting the hopper full of mud.

No comments:

See my article library on eHow...