Greengate Ranch Remodel
Remodeling a Daylight Ranch in Oregon

Friday, November 23, 2007

Building a Book Table

My DW had plenty of help in the kitchen for Thanksgiving, so I decided to spend a couple of hours in the garage. She has been wanting a book table, and I had some extra pine from the closet organizer.

Building this is pretty simple - its a basic bookcase with the trim pieces applied. It is constructed with finish nails and glue, plus a few screws to make sure it stays solid. The screws holding the bookcase in place are located under the "X" pieces.

I primed this with my paint sprayer (brushing would have been quite a bit of work). My DW is going to paint this - I am suggesting black, but she is still deciding. Here is a link to other painting she has done.

A good resource for this type of furniture is Ballard Designs.

No comments:

See my article library on eHow...